At Golden Peanut Company, LLC d/b/a Golden Peanut and Tree Nuts (herein referred to as Golden), we are committed to protecting the privacy, accuracy and reliability of any personal information you choose to provide and to safeguarding such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. This online privacy statement describes Golden’s current online practices in respect of personal information collected through this website. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not disclose any personal information to us. Golden reserves the right to update or modify this Online Privacy Statement without prior notice. Whenever Golden modifies this Online Privacy Statement, an updated version will be posted on this site.
This online privacy statement was last amended on 12/10/2014.
Location of Website Manager
Personal information collected on Golden’s website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Golden or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Collection of Personal Information
In general, you can visit this website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Should you choose to contact us or otherwise provide us with personal information:
- We may share such personal information with our parent and affiliated companies in order to provide the services you have requested. These affiliated companies will deal with your personal information in accordance with this online privacy statement.
- We also may share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties who process information on behalf of Golden for the purpose of carrying out administrative, marketing, professional or technological support functions. In such instances, Golden shall restrict the use such third parties may make of the information, in particular require that these third parties keep this information confidential.
- As permitted by law, we may from time to time use your personal information to make you aware of additional products and services generally, which may be of interest to you.
- As permitted by law we may disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties with whom we may enter into joint venture agreements, branding agreements or other strategic alliances in relation to products you have purchased or for which you have sought information, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganization, liquidation or other similar event.
- Finally, we may be required to disclose personal information by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, for interacting with governmental anti-fraud databases, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to protect and defend the rights or property of Golden, to protect the personal safety of Golden website users or to take precautions against legal liability. We reserve the right to contact appropriate authorities when activities that are illegal or violate our policies are taking place on the Golden website.
- As part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Internet Protocol Addresses
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. If you request pages from this website, our server will enter your IP address into a log. We store IP addresses for a period of time to assist law enforcement authorities and Internet Service Providers in the investigation of breaches of our in-house rules or terms of service, and to help identify visitors who threaten our service, site, customers or others.
We also will use this information to measure site traffic for purposes of system administration. This aggregate data also helps us to understand how people are using the website and helps us improve your online experience.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that is transferred to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that we can recognize you as a repeat visitor.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated, unique number.
Cookies are commonly used by most major websites to arrange their content to match your preferred interests.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site. We use session cookies:
- to allow you to carry information across the pages of our site, thus avoiding the need for you to re-enter information.
- to maintain your logged in status and to allow you to access secured, enhanced and premium service.
These remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer. We use persistent cookies:
- to help us recognize you as a unique visitor when you return to our website.
- to allow us to tailor language and regional content or advertisements to match your preferred interests.
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how visitors use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website.
- to ensure you are not invited to complete a research or other questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
How to Manage Cookies Stored on Your Computer
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Some modern browsers have a feature that will analyze website privacy policies, compare it to your pre-selected privacy preferences and prompt or alert you when these do not match. These capabilities, known as "P3P" features (Privacy Preferences Platform), can be activated before you begin to surf the Internet. To determine if your web browser supports "P3P" features and how to activate them please, refer to the "Help" function of your web browser for guidance.
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Open 'Windows Explorer'
- Click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
- Type "cookie" into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
- Select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
- Click 'Search Now'
- Double click on the folders that are found
- 'Select' any cookie file
- Hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select "cookies" in the "Help" function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
You also have the option of restricting the placing of these cookies on your computer by altering the security settings of your web browser. Before altering any settings on your computer, you are strongly advised to familiarize yourself with this task by referring to the "Help" function for further information. You are also advised that totally disabling cookies may affect your ability to navigate this and certain other sites.
Please note if you access this website from different computers in different locations, you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
How We Protect Personal Information
Golden takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access through the use of network firewalls, physical security, and use and access policies for employees. The security measures in place, at our physical premises and on this website, aim to protect against the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of the information provided to us.
Safeguarding Children's Privacy
Golden does not knowingly collect personal information or any other identifying data from children under 13 years of age. Should a child, whom we know to be under 13 years of age, send us personal information, we will immediately delete that information from our database.
This website may provide links to various websites. When you click on one of these links, you will be transferred from this website and connected to the website of the organization or company that you selected. Even if an affiliation exists between Golden and such website, Golden may not exercise any control over linked sites and we do not imply any endorsement of the activities of these websites. Unless specifically stated this online privacy statement does not govern the data collection and use practices of those sites.
If you visit a website that is linked to this website, please familiarize yourself with that site’s privacy practices before providing any personal information.
Questions, Comments and Complaints
Golden Peanut Company, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company.
For all questions or comments, on our privacy practices or in the event of a complaint please contact:
The Office Of Compliance
Archer Daniels Midland Company
P. O. Box 9000 • Decatur, IL 62525, USA
Phone: +1. 217 424 4929